Tickford marks Bathurst week with new Mustang upgrade package
Tuesday 13th October, 2020 - 1:20pm
As it readies for a tilt at a third victory in the Great Race, Tickford has chosen Bathurst week to launch the new Mustang TA-500 Performance Pack.
Billed as its first modular performance pack for the Mustang, the TA-500 features a number of performance upgrades for and cosmetic enhancements both inside and out.
The base specifications for the Mustang GT (FN model only) include Tickford-engineered Cat-back exhaust, a new suspension tune, and Tickford springs which drop the car 25mm lower.
A range of options are also on offer, such as 750hp Tickford Roush Supercharger, Wilwood race-inspired brake package, and cold air intake.
Standard aesthetic tweaks include the Tickford C stripe decal pack with TA-500 badges, race-inspired rear spoiler, and TA-500 engine cover.
The hotted up Mustang rides on Michelin Pilot 4S tyres, measuring 275/35 R20 on the front and 295/35 R20 on the rear.
See below for full specs
The TA-500 Performance Pack starts at $16,250 and is available for any colour or transmission type.
Work will be completed in Melbourne with each car will be individually numbered and accompanied by a letter of authenticity verifying its credentials.
TA-500 production begins this month with orders open at Tickford’s website (www.tickford.com.au), while the supercharged TA-750 will soon also join the Campbellfield-based firm’s offering.
Tickford Racing will field four Mustangs in this weekend’s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, namely the #5 entry of Lee Holdsworth/Michael Caruso, the #6 shared by Cameron Waters/Will Davison, the #44 of James Courtney/Broc Feeney, and the #55 driven by Jack Le Brocq/James Moffat.
Practice at Mount Panorama starts on Thursday morning.
TA-500 Base Specifications: For Mustang GT (FN model only)
- Tickford Engineered Cat-back exhaust with black chrome tips (Works with active exhaust)
- Tickford Tuned for both Non Magneride and Magneride
- Tickford springs – 25mm lower
- Front strut brace
- Rear subframe brace
- Tickford C stripe decal pack with TA-500 badges
- Tickford race-inspired rear spoiler
- Gloss black rear deck lid panel
- Black mirror caps
- Tickford TA-500 engine cover
- Tickford TA-500 build number plate
- Tickford TA-500 boot badge
- Black Mustang Pony grille badge
- Tickford red stitching leather steering wheel
- Tickford leather console lid
- Carbon look handbrake boot
- Carbon look gear lever boot
- Black gear knob (manual)
- Tickford TA-500 floor mat set (4)
- Tickford interior build plate
Wheels and tyres:
- Front: 20 x 9.5 Black Tickford multi spoke wheels with 275/35R20 Michelin Pilot 4S tyres
- Rear: 20 x 11 Black Tickford multi spoke wheels with 295/35R20 Michelin Pilot 4S tyres
- 4 lock nuts
- Tickford tuned cold air intake and ECU recalibration
- Tickford TA-500 full leather interior upgrade
- Functional driving lamps
- GT350 style rear spoiler
- Wilwood race-inspired brake package
- Front 6 piston red cailpers with 15′ rotors.
- Rear 4 piston red calipers with 14′ rotors and handbrake
- Tickford road and track coil over adjustable height suspension
- Sport Steering wheel – alcantara, carbon or Nappa leather
- Retro style wheels Silver Mini-lite
- Front: 20×10 with 275/35R20 Michelin Pilot 4S tyres
- Rear: 20×11 with 295/25R20 Michelin Pilot 4S tyres
- 700hp Tickford Roush Supercharger
- 750hp Tickford Roush Supercharger