Zerefos set for seventh Bathurst 12 Hour start

Saturday 27th January, 2018 - 1:44pm

Share:

Zerefos Set for Seventh Bathurst 12 Hour StartSydney Porsche racer Aaron Zerefos will line up for his seventh start in the Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour, signing on to drive for On Track Motorsport in the 2018 edition of the internationally-acclaimed event.

Zerefos will share the #40 Porsche 997 Cup Car with experienced New Zealand racer Garry Mennell, along with Kean Booker and Mark Caine.

The successful entrepreneur says the Bathurst 12 Hour is one of his favourite race meetings.

“I’m pretty happy with what I’ve achieved so far with my career and seven starts in the Bathurst 12 hour with a 100 per cent finishing record is definitely something I’m proud of,” Zerefos said.

“I feel pretty relaxed about the lead-up to this year’s race, although I’m been putting in a lot of work behind the scenes.

“I took the opportunity to recharge over the Christmas and New Year break, and focus on the 2018 season.”

Zerefos finished on the Bathurst 12 Hour Class B podium in 2016 and is aiming for another top-three result.

“If we can get on the rostrum again, it would be cool but Class B is very competitive – it gets tougher every year.

“We completed a test day at Wakefield Park last week and it gave me a great feel for the car, so hopefully we can put on a good show on race day.

Zerefos has Porsche racing options on the table for 2018 both in Australia and internationally, and is looking forward to confirming his plans for the remainder of the season after the 12 Hour.

The entire 2018 Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour will be shown live on Channel 7 on Sunday, 4 February.

Speedcafe.com has been established to provide a daily motorsport news service to the industry and fans in Australia and internationally.

Read the Speedcafe.com promise
Newsletter

Subscribe to our daily newsletter, the best way to get your news first, fast, and free!