Supercars Drought Relief Appeal
Supercars race teams, drivers and partners will put some of their most prized possessions, cherished memorabilia and money can’t buy items to public auction to help Australia’s struggling farmers.
The Super Drought Relief auction will be held online via Lloyds Auctions in the leadup to Australia’s greatest race, the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, and has attracted some exclusive money can’t buy items.
All proceeds go directly to the Burrumbuttock Hay Runners (http://hayrunners.com) who supply and transport hay and essential living items to farmers across the country.
To kickstart the auction Ford Australia has donated a Ford Ranger XLT 4×4 Dual Cab to the items people can bid for, while Craig Lowndes and his Autobarn Lowndes Racing Team has donated his entire kit – race suit, boots and gloves – from this year’s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.
“It’s second-nature for Australians to look out for each other which is why Ford donated a Ranger XLT to help Supercars support the affected communities.
It’s times like these where we need to come together and are far better for it,” Kay Hart, President and CEO, Ford of Australia and New Zealand said.
DJR Team Penske has donated the first hot lap in the 2019 Ford Mustang Supercar at next year’s Adelaide 500 as part of a list of the items going to public auction leading into the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.
Lowndes’ 659-race career (to date) comes to a fulltime close in Newcastle in November having become one of the most successful and popular athletes in the country.
“The farmers of New South Wales and Queensland are facing extraordinary challenges,” Supercars CEO Sean Seamer said. “We are thankful our sport is in a position to be able to provide support and hope it assists them and their families.”
Burrumbuttock Hay Runners’ Brendan Farrell welcomed Supercars support in their fight to assist farmers.
“BHR is about mates helping mates in a time of need,” Farrell said. “Farmers impacted by drought often struggle to ask for help. This is about showing fellow Australian’s that someone cares about them and we are so grateful Supercars can be a part of what we are trying to achieve.”
Auction items, with more to be added in the lead-up to Bathurst, so far include:
- A Ford Ranger XLT 4×4 Dual Cab from Ford Australia
- Craig Lowndes’ race suit, boots and gloves from the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000
- The first hot lap in the DJRTP Shell V-Power 2019 Ford Mustang including the race suit and two corporate hospitality passes to the Adelaide 500
- Two passes into the Red Bull Holden Racing Team garage at the Coates Hire Newcastle 500 for Lowndes’ last race, including two tickets on the Red Bull Superyacht and garage tour
- Waving the green flag to the start the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 from Supercars
- A year’s supply of petrol from Caltex Service Stations from Caltex
- Three nights’ accommodation and Trackside Lounge access to the Vodafone Gold Coast 600 including a back-stage concert pass from Supercars
- Three limited edition Kelly Racing race suits – the historic Jack Daniels and ‘Jack Lives Here’ suits worn by Ricky Kelly, Todd Kelly and New Zealand IndyCar Champion Scott Dixon
- A one-off Mark Winterbottom commemorative race suit from the final testing of the last Ford Falcon FG
- Two Virgin Australia business class airfares to Hong Kong from Virgin Australia
- Return airfares to Adelaide, a night’s accommodation, Cooper’s brewery tour and private lunch at the Cooper’s Ale House, from Coopers
To see and bid on the auction items go to: www.supercars.com/auction
More items will be added in the leadup to the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 with the auction finishing on the Friday evening of the Great Race.