RX talent search finalists revealed
MEDIA RELEASE: Rallycross – FirstCorner – the company behind RX Lites – and IMG, the organisers of the FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy, have today announced the 12 finalists in their UK-wide RX Talent Search.
The initiative was also held in conjunction with the UK’s official governing body, The Motor Sports Association (MSA), in a bid to find future rallycross stars.
Confirming the growing appeal of rallycross, over 120 MSA competition licence-holders aged between 18 and 30 put their names forward for consideration.
The 12 finalists include some of the UK’s best young prospects from major circuit racing and rallying disciplines as well as junior rallycross.
Several have already made their mark in winning events and titles, while others are strongly tipped for future success.
The finalists will be given the opportunity to prove themselves behind the wheel of purpose-built rallycross cars, with the overall winner being awarded with a fully paid entry into the RX Lites Cup round being staged at the World RX of Turkey in Istanbul later this year.
The nominated finalists are:
• Dan Cammish (2013 Formula Ford GB champion, 2015 Porsche Carrera Cup GB)
• Jack Clarke (FIA Formula Two race winner, 2014 British Touring Car Championship)
• Sennan Fielding (2013 RSF MSA Young Driver of the Year, 2014 BRDC Formula 4 race winner, 2015 MSA Formula, MSA Academy member)
• Freddie Hunt (Son of 1976 F1 world champion James Hunt, 2015 Renault UK Clio Cup)
• Chris Ingram (2015 European Rally Championship, MSA Team UK member)
• Tom Onslow-Cole (multiple British Touring Car Championship race winner, MSA Performance Manager)
• Ben Power (multiple winner in British Rallycross and National Legends Car Championship)
• Jason Pritchard (multiple class winner in British Rally Championship, MSA Rally Elite graduate)
• Dan Rooke (2015 British Rallycross Championship Super-national class winner)
• Rupert Svendsen-Cook (multiple British Formula 3 race winner and MSA Performance Manager)
• Jake Taylor (2015 Swift Sport Rallycross Championship, MSA Academy member)
• Euan Thorburn (2013 BTRDA Rally champion, 2014 Scottish Rally champion)
A special evaluation will now be staged at Lydden Hill on Thursday 21 May, ahead of the British RX race which begins the following day.
All 122 RX Talent Search entrants have been offered a pair of free tickets to experience World RX in live action at Lydden Hill.
The Kent-based circuit has also supported the RX Talent Search.
FirstCorner will be providing two RX Lites cars and the judging panel will include: Robert Reid, MSA Performance Director; Martin Anayi, World RX Managing Director for IMG Motorsport; Andreas Eriksson, Team Principal of World RX team Olsbergs MSE and Andrew Jordan, the 2013 British Touring Car Champion who finished third at last year’s British RX round.
“We have been extremely impressed by the high calibre of drivers that entered our RX Lites Talent Search,” confirmed Martin Anayi, World RX Managing Director for IMG.
“With candidates’ experience ranging from rally, circuit racing and several different international motoring series’, the level of competition was very high.
“Unfortunately we’re not able to accept everyone and we firmly believe that our final shortlist of 12 includes some of the most talented young drivers in Britain today.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who entered our talent search and hope that all of our entrants are able to accept complimentary tickets to our British World RX round at Lydden Hill next month.
“As for our 12 finalists, I would like to wish them the best of luck for Thursday 21 May and on behalf of IMG, we are looking forward to meeting some future rallycross stars.”