Morgan Park GP Juniors Cup Race 1 bonanza
Round 5 of the Yamaha Motor Finance Australian Superbike Championship presented by Motul Pirelli (ASBK) at Morgan Park Raceway included the exciting GP Juniors Cup, that had the crowd cheering. The young competitors were engaged in a tight battle at the front of the pack, with the top four having an exciting duel the entire five lap circulation.
John Lytras (Caboolture Yamaha, YZF-R15), Joel Kelso (JDS Moto Yamaha YZF-R15), Tommy Edwards (Enemies Everywhere, Yamaha YZF-R15) Max Stauffer (Dyno27, Yamaha YZF-R15) were dicing and slip-streaming each other all race long.
Lytras took the lead early on and built a gap behind him. Within a few laps it became clear that this battle was going to last for the duration of the race at the front. Edwards eventually took the lead from Lytras and put his case forward to win the race.
Kelso established himself as the favourite for the win but it wasn’t as smooth sailing as he would have hoped from there. Edwards managed to hold on to his advantage to win the race. Quite incredibly, only .070 of a second split the top three over the line.
Tomorrow’s GP Juniors Cup races will take place at 11:05pm and 3:15pm.
GP Juniors Cup Provisional Top Ten Race 1 Results
1. Tommy Edwards (Enemies Everywhere, Yamaha YZF-R15)
2. John LYTRAS (Caboolture Yamaha, YZF-R15)
3. Joel KELSO (Deborah Motorsports, YZF-R15)
4 Ned FAULKHEAD (BROO, Yamaha YZF-R15)
4. Max STAUFFER (Dyno27, Yamaha YZF-R15)
5. Harry KHOURI (Excite Motorsports Penrith, Yamaha YZF-R15)
6. Tristan ADAMSON (Top Rider M-cycles, Yamaha YZF-R15)
8. Zylas BUNTING (Shark Motorcycle, Yamaha YZF-R15)
9. Hunter PENHALLURICK (Western Sydney Motorcycles, Yamaha YZF-R15)
10.Rhys WILLIAMS (Yamaha YZF-R15)