Keegan, Milner, Stanford and Higlett in a class of their own
Seniors raced from the bLU cRU and WR450F Test Tracks in Sunday’s racing for Round 6 of the Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC) which was full of thrills and spills as the E1, E2, E3 and Transmoto EJ class competed for victory. The track was once again in prime condition and Scott Keegan, Daniel Milner, Lachie Stanford and Fraser Higlett rode brilliantly to take the wins for their respective classes.
Scott Keegan of the Snap Fitness Yamaha team took victory for the E1 class, achieving the win after Jack Simpson was given a five-minute penalty added to his overall time by the stewards. Keegan had an overall time of 1:11:41.468. The next rider to complete the sprint was Wil Ruprecht of the Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team, with his compiled total test time of 1:15:46.893. Completing the podium trifecta for the E1 Class was Brad Hardaker on his Yamaha. His accumulated lap time was 1:17:46.182.
Daniel Milner put on another sensational performance for the KTM Enduro Team. With the KTM rider in such imperious form yesterday, it was always likely that Milner could achieve another clean sweep. Milner has not lost a race since his return to Yamaha AORC this year. His overall combined time was a 1:11:26.031. Josh Green (Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team) was once again Milner’s greatest challenger. His total aggregated time was a 1:12:26.499. Green summed up his Sprint Race performances over the weekend;
“The bike was awesome and it handled everything I threw at it! There were mistakes here and there but overall it was a clean weekend. I’m still not 100 percent fit from my injuries, but in this game you’re never quite at your peak. It’s tough, as Daniel (Milner) and I are aiming for the same position. At the moment he’s doing a better job and we’ll have to improve to get ahead of him.” Green said.
It would be South Australian Riley Graham to one again arrive in third position on his Yamaha machine. He posted an overall lap time of 1:14:13.393.
Lachie Stanford of the Husqvarna Enduro Team managed to claim a clean sweep for the E1 class at Round 6 at Miva. Finishing the final test with a concluding time of 1:13:36.693. Stanford noted that a change in setup allowed for an improvement in bike performance.
“We tried a few different alterations to the bike for Rounds 5 & 6 at Miva, which included softening the suspension. It was a great battle with Lyndon (Snodgrass) all weekend, it sure was plenty of fun!”
Following behind Stanford was once again Lyndon Snodgrass for the KTM Enduro Team with his time of 1:13:51.248. Third was Tom Mason on a KTM, who rounded out the top three with a total time of 1:16:28.913.
Fraser Higlett once again took victory for the Under 19’s Transmoto EJ class on his Husqvarna. As one of the stars of the future, Higlett’s pace around the Miva tracks was impressive. He wasn’t without a challenger in Michael Driscoll who wasn’t far off with his overall time of 1:14:52.098, on his Yamaha. Yamaha rider Reynders Jonte completed the podium places with his 1:15:24.622 time.
E1 Provisional Results
1. Scott Keegan (Snap Fitness Yamaha Team) – 1:14:55.673
2. Wil Ruprecht (Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team) – 1:15:46.893
3. Jack Simpson – Relagted to third
3. Brad Hardaker – 1:17:46.182
4. Baylee Davies – 1:17:53.603
5. Kristian Sprenger – 1:20:00.107
6. Justin Parker – 1:20:05.909
7. Andrew Janke – 1:20:22.160
8. Simon Boyd – 1:22:31.700
9. Brady Pascoe – 1:25:12.601
E2 Provisional Results
1. Daniel Milner (KTM Enduro Team) – 1:11:26.031
2. Josh Green (Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team) – 1:12:26.499
3. Riley Graham – 1:14:13.393
4. Broc Grabham (Husqvarna Enduro Team) – 1:14:51.169
5. Stefan Granquist – 1:14:57.257
6. Seth Muller – 1:18:34.617
7. Kaleb Treasure – 1:19:33.412
8. Matt Murry – 1:20:12.891
9. Brayden Zillm – 1:21:43.533
10. Brodie Crane – 1:22:02.600
E3 Provisional Results
1. Lachlan Stanford (Husqvarna Enduro Team) – 1:13:36.693
2. Lyndon Snodgrass (KTM Enduro Team) – 1:13:51.248
3. Tom Mason – 1:16:28.913
4. Kane Hall – 1:17:16.422
5. Jesse Lawton – 1:19:44.295
6. Hayden Conroy – 1:21:22.961
7. Mackenzie Bowser – 1:24:03.449
Transmoto EJ Provisional Results
1. Fraser Higlett – 1:14:28.729
2. Michael Driscoll – 1:14:52.098
3. Reynders Jonte – 1:15:24.622
4. Nic Tomlinson (DSR Motul/Perelli Sherco Off Road Racing Team) – 1:16:13.770
5. Dalton Johnson – 1:17:25.219
6. Lachlan Allan – 1:19:08.673
7. Jacob Peacock – 1:19:54.748
8. Seton Broomhall – 1:20:08.515
9. Harry Teed – 1:20:52.428
10. Ruben Chadwick – 1:20:53.397
2017 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship Calendar
Round 7 & 8: Renmark, SA 24 – 25 June 2017
Round 9 & 10: Kyogle, NSW 22 – 23 July 2017
Round 11 & 12: Omeo, VIC 5 – 6 August 2017
(Round 1 & 2: Dungog, NSW Postponed TBA)