Keegan, Milner, Snodgrass and Higlett devastatingly fast at Yamaha AORC
With the sun shining at Renmark this morning for the beginning of Round 7 of the 2017 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC) held at Renmark SA, the scene was set for what was a day of fast and furious super sprint racing. A change of format was instated from a cross country to super sprint due to dusty conditions. The seniors were split into 30-second intervals and raced to record the fastest time over the 15km track. The competitors raced for three laps to record an overall time.
The E1, E2, E3 and Transmoto EJ are the premier classes for the Yamaha AORC and include the country’s most elite enduro talent. It would be Scott Keegan, Daniel Milner, Lyndon Snodgrass and Fraser Higlett to shine brightly for their respective classes and take phenomenal wins. Over 160 riders took part in the jam-packed senior’s super sprint.
Snap Fitness Yamaha Team rider Scott Keegan, blasted his way through the track today at Renmark. Team manager Tom McCormack would be proud of the Off-Road star. Keegan concluded the day with a time of 46:26.686 and took out the E1 win ahead of Wil Ruprecht. Ruprecht of the Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team, recovered well from his injury back at Miva to post a total combined time of 46:28.237. Ruprecht would miss out by only two seconds. Finishing on the podium in third was Tom Jones on a Yamaha.
KTM Enduro Team’s Daniel Milner reigned supreme after coming out today on top of the time sheets, handing him the Round 7 and the E2 win. Milner had sensational pace and remained unbeatable to snatch up a finishing time of 43:46.913. Local hero Riley Graham wrangled his way around the track in fine form to bring home second place. He had a concluding time of 44:17.154. Josh Green of the Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team had enough pace to make the podium but not quite enough to challenge for the victory, finishing third in the E2 class after racing concluded today, his total time was a 44:45.104.
It would be KTM Enduro Team’s Lyndon Snodgrass who delivered the first place in the E3 class. Snodgrass was tremendous throughout the dry and dusty conditions and was simply untouchable in his class. The KTM rider finished with an overall time of 44:42.857. Up next in second position was Husqvarna Enduro Team’s Lachie Standford, he earned a total time of 45:37.715. It will be interesting to see how the Champoinship battle develops between Snodgrass and Standford on Sunday, as they have been battling head to head all year. The final podium position belonged to Jesse Lawton on a Husqvarana, Lawton maneuvered his bike around the track to finish with a accumulated time of 46:24.135.
In the EJ class (19 and under) that is designed as a development ground for senior riders, it would be Fraser Higlett on his Husqvarna to stand out from the rest! Higlett posted an impressive 45:44.372. Up next in second was Michael Driscoll on a Yamaha. Nic Tomlinson completed the podium trifecta after his move to a Yamaha for this weekend. Tomlinson managed a 46:07.664 after a close fought battle with Driscoll.
E1 Provisional Results
1. Scott Keegan (Snap Fitness Yamaha Team) – 46.26.686
2. Wil Ruprecht (Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team) – 46:28.237
3. Tom Jones – 47:08.780
4. Baylee Davies – 47:14.838
5. Rick Ireland – 47:37.021
6. Brad Hardaker – 49:16.988
7. Justin Parker – 49:54.002
8. William Price – 50:56.466
9. Toby Lewis – 51:02.246
10. Jacob Sinclair – 52:07.143
E2 Provisional Results
1. Daniel Milner (KTM Enduro Team) – 43:46.913
2. Riley Graham – 44:27.154
3. Josh Green (Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team) – 44:45.104
4. Stefan Granquist – 46:06.157
5. Broc Grabham – 46:07.781
6. Andrew Wilksch (DSR Motul Pirelli Sherco Off-Road Team) – 46:20.696
7. Ivan Long – 46:31.314
8. Justin Carafa – 46:49.530
9. Jayden Pilgrim – 47:16.763
10. Dale Watson – 47:42.778
E3 Provisional Results
1. Lyndon Snodgrass (KTM Enduro Team) – 44:25.857
2. Lachlan Stanford (Husqvarna Enduro Team) – 45:37.715
3. Jesse Lawton – 46:24.135
4. Tom Mason – 47:09.588
5. Lincoln Bird – 49:56.047
6. Joel James – 52:17.684
7. Sean Macpherson – 53:02.826
8.Troy Sheridan – 53:02.826
Transmoto EJ Provisional Results
1. Fraser Higlett – 45:44.372
2. Michael Driscoll – 46:03.396
3. Nic Tomlinson – 46:07.664
4. Dalton Johnson – 48:54.396
5. Jack Matthews – 49:12.610
6. Lauchlan Allan – 49:13.400
7. Liam Mason – 49:22.039
8. Jonte Reynders – 49:28.473
9. Seton Broomhall – 50:17.655
10. Jacob Peacock – 50:24.347