Aussie teen switches teams for British F3 return
Thursday 4th February, 2021 - 10:36am
Bart Horsten has been confirmed for a second season in the BRDC British Formula 3 Championship, switching to Hitech GP.
The 17-year-old Australian enjoyed a strong rookie campaign in 2020, claiming a trio of podiums and 10th overall for Lanan Racing.
The opportunity to join Hitech appears attractive, the team having guided Kush Maini to a runner-up placing in the series last year.
“I really enjoyed competing in British F3 last year, so I feel as though it was the obvious choice to make a return for another season and this time with the intention of challenging for the championship,” said Horsten.
“I’m really excited to be joining Hitech GP they are an amazing team in terms of their professionalism, their facilities and the resources at their disposal.
“There’s a lot that can be achieved for myself and the team in 2021, so I cannot wait to start working with the team in earnest.”
Hitech team principal Oliver Oakes declared his excitement at welcoming Horsten to the squad.
“He had a strong rookie season last year in British F3, impressing us with his natural speed and approach,” he said.
“We look forward to seeing him develop into a championship contender.”
The eight-round British F3 season will open at Brands Hatch on May 22-23.