John and Janet Ireland have piloted their Dodge Viper Extreme coupe to a comfortable victory at the Shannons Adelaide Rally.
The pair were rarely outside the top four in every stage on the rally and ultimately won the Modern Competition class by just over 50 seconds.
The battle for second went down to the wire with the Ben Newman/Andy Sarandis Subaru edging out Trevor Macleod and Scott Hunter’s Nissan GTR by less than 10 seconds.
In Classic Competition, Michael Busby and Daman Reed delivered a strong final-day performance to take the rally win by just over 70 seconds in their Mazda RX7.
Classic competition was arguably the most competitive class of the event with multiple stage winners and the leader only extending a margin in the teens on the final day.
The Craig Haysman/Julie Boorman Triumph finished second with Tim Pryzibilla/Rick Powell grabbing third in the final stage in their Porsche.
Justin Perkins/Andrien Brabbins (Subaru) won Modern Challenge, and Steven Hevera and Stuart Cavill (Porsche) Classic Competition.
Result: Shannons Adelaide Rally
- Ireland / Ireland (Dodge Viper) 1:13.05.9
- Newman / Sarandis (Subaru Impreza STi) +50.3
- Macleod / Hunter (Nissan GTR) +59.4
- Busby / Reed (Mazda RX-7) 1:16.43.5
- Haysman / Boorman (Triumph TR7) 1:13.9
- Pryzibilla / Powell (Porsche 911Sc) 1:47.4
- Perkins / Brabbins (Subaru WRX STi) 1:20:11.4
- Joyce / Joyce (Subaru WRX) +48.5s
- Sinclair / Alexander (BMW M3) +1:29.5
- Hevera / Cavill (Porsche 911 Sc) 1:24:24.3
- Von Sanden / Visintin (Porsche 944) +2.43.4
- Smith / Smith (Nissan 300ZX) +6:25.9
Heritage Competition (Handicap)
- Busby / Reed (Mazda RX7)
- Booker / Branum (Nissan DR30)
- Pryzibella / Powerll (Porsche 911)