Le Brocq looking to 2020 to get his racing ‘back on track’
By Tom Howard
Sunday 27th October, 2019 - 6:00am
Jack Le Brocq is looking forward to getting his racing ‘back on track’ in 2020 after a difficult season that took another twist at the Vodafone Gold Coast 600.
The Tekno Autosports driver was effectively reduced to a co-driver role on Saturday as team owner and co-driver Jonathon Webb elected to qualify the car before going on to race 62 of their 101 completed laps.
It meant Le Brocq completed just five more laps than his minimum requirement and the least amount of running of all the regular primary drivers.
Speaking after qualifying on circuit television, Webb rationalised his decision to qualify the car by stating “it’s been a horrible year so far and we’re last most of the time anyway so I figured it can’t get any worse.”
Webb said that he would likely qualify the car again in today’s Armor All Qualifying session.
Responding to the critical comments, Le Brocq, who appears to be bound for Tickford Racing next year, says he remains focused on racing to the best of his ability for the remainder of the season.
“I am focused on finishing each remaining race to the best of my ability and doing my best to look after my sponsor group,” Le Brocq told Speedcafe.com.
“I am looking towards 2020 and getting my racing back on track.”
Le Brocq has endured a challenging second year at the Queensland squad with its ageing Triple Eight built ZB Commodore, finishing inside the top 15 on three occasions so far.
While Le Brocq is already looking towards next season, his expected move from Tekno is yet to be officially confirmed.
However, it is anticipated he will head to Tickford Racing to replace Chaz Mostert, who is expected to go to Walkinshaw Andretti United.
The switch would see Le Brocq pilot a Ford Mustang in 2020 alongside Cameron Waters, Will Davison and most likely Lee Holdsworth.