Paul Morris to field two SuperUtes in 2018
Paul Morris is set to run two Holden Colorados in next year’s inaugural ECB SuperUtes Series, one of which he may drive himself.
Jonathan Bloxsom, who signalled his intentions to enter the series to Speedcafe.com earlier this month, has now been confirmed as a starter in Morris’ team.
The identity of the second driver has not been revealed, but Morris has suggested that he may drive in selected rounds depending on his other racing activities, which includes Stadium Super Trucks.
“We plan to run two at this stage,” Morris told Speedcafe.com.
“I’ll probably have a go at it at some stage, but I haven’t really locked a (second) driver in yet.
“I don’t know what my schedule will be with the Stadium Trucks, so if it opens up then I can drive it; if not, then I’ll put someone else in it.”
Both SuperUtes and Stadium Super Trucks are on the support card at the Adelaide 500, though Morris was non-committal about whether he would perform double-duties in the season-opener.
The 2014 Bathurst 1000 winner had already shaken down the Mitsubishi Triton prototype at his own Norwell Motorplex facility in August.
Morris also told Speedcafe.com that engine development on the Colorado’s powerplant is ongoing with long-time engine builder Craig Hasted.
The first SuperUtes season commences in Adelaide on March 1-4 as part of an eight-round calendar confirmed during the Coates Hire Newcastle 500 weekend.