Supercars TV media boss resigns
Supercars Media boss Simon Fordham is the latest high profile management figure to leave the series.
Fordham is set to join the Nine Network to head up the channel’s Rugby League coverage in a move that sees him call time on a 11-year tenure at Supercars.
The former IMG senior producer joined the championship in 2006 before becoming the head of the Supercars TV department two years ago.
During that period he has become a key figure in the development of Supercars television broadcasts.
Supercars staff were notified of his departure on Sunday with Fordham’s exit the latest in a series of key departures.
Fordham will leave his position at the end of the year.
Nine head of sport Tom Malone believes Fordham will prove a great addition.
“Simon has overseen the development of V8s into an incredible broadcast full of innovation and access, and the most comprehensive commercialisation of any sport in Australia,” said Malone in a report by The Australian.
“His skill and experience across broadcast and commercialisation will enable him to lead our rugby league content through our next rights deal, and offer great support to the various content leaders.”
Outgoing CEO Warburton has praised Fordham’s work in enhancing Supercars television product.
“The Supercars Media product is absolutely first class and widely regarded in motorsport circles as one of the best in the world,” said Warburton in a statement.
“We have the best television team we have ever had led by Fordo and for Nine to recognise that is a tribute to what we have achieved with our product.
“It certainly speaks for itself that a network with a share of a two billion dollar rights agreement recognises the head of Supercars Media as the person to take their product forward.
“While we are very sad to see Fordo go to a new challenge we have had been inundated by people wanting to be a part of our team, such is its regard in global media production circles.”