Ogier is hoping he can arrest an enduring winless streak for M-Sport as he resets his focus after the heady times of the last four years when he claimed as many WRC titles with Volkswagen.
The 33-year-old joins the Cumbrian outfit with the remarkable record of winning 40 percent of the last 54 rallies.
With the new technical rules for next season, M-Sport and Citroen are expected to be among the early favourites.
“I have achieved a lot these last years but feel I am in a position that I have nothing to lose,” Ogier said.
“I have nothing to prove anymore.”
M-Sport boss Malcolm Wilson left no stone unturned in securing Ogier as he remained in Britain to shore up the deal while missing the final WRC event, Rally Australia last month.
“I will try my best and it is definitely a good challenge to try to bring this team back to success after many years of struggle,” Ogier said.
“I had two days already this week in Sweden for the first test.
“I will have another test in January before the rally (Monte Carlo January 20-22) which is normally two days so it will not be much time in this car so hopefully the feeling comes very quickly.
“But that is why I said we have a big challenge in front of us and it is a bit early to know what we will be able to achieve.”
The combination of Ogier and the talented Ott Tanak in the other M-Sport Ford is seen as the most explosive combination in the WRC.