Brendan Reeves confirms ARC return
Brendan Reeves has announced his return to the Australian Rally Championship when the second round kicks off in Canberra from May 27-29.
Reeves and co-driver Rhianon Gelsomino missed the event last year after winning the National Capital Rally in 2014.
The pair have been on the sidelines for the last 18 months.
Reeves will campaign a 2006 Subaru Impreza (PRC) and is confident of mixing it with points leaders Simon Evans and Harry Bates.
His last event was the Spanish round of the 2014 World Rally Championship when he finished second in the Drive DMACK Fiesta Trophy Series.
“I really enjoy the Canberra rally and winning the event in 2014 was a real highlight,” Reeves said.
“I’ve been spending a lot of time bringing the Subaru up to speed as it hasn’t been rallied since the Akademos Rally (in Victoria) at the end of 2014 and I’m looking forward to getting behind the wheel again.”
Reeves also plans to compete at Rally Australia, which acts as the closing round of the World Rally Championship from November 18-20 at Coffs Harbour.
“I love the roads at Rally Australia. It’s one of my favourite events so it is always a priority to compete there if possible,” Reeves said.
“My aim for 2016 is to get as much seat time as possible so I am hoping to have a few events under my belt by the time Rally Australia comes around.
“I’ve also been doing a lot of driver training and helping other competitors with their car set-ups.”