Anthony secures Euro Formula Renault deal
Australian single seater driver Chris Anthony has signed a deal with European outfit Manor MP Motorsport to contest the final three rounds of the Formula Renault NEC Championship.
The 19-year-old from New South Wales joins the Dutch squad after winning the 2013 New South Wales Formula Ford Championship, which he followed up with a relatively successful spell in Australian Formula 3.
Anthony will work with the renowned Manor MP Motorsport over the next four months which will see him test the squad’s Formula Renault 2.0 machinery, before contesting Northern European Cup rounds at Assen (August 1-2) Hockenheim (September 18-19) and at the Nurburgring (October 2-3).
“I am super excited on taking the step into Europe; it is a dream come true,” said Anthony, who scored a double Australian F3 win at Bathurst last year.
“To be driving for a team such as Manor MP Motorsport is surreal in itself, as I believe it will be the perfect environment in which to further my driving skills.
“I have to firstly thank my family and management team – all the sleepless nights and working non-stop. Without them, this would not be possible.”
Manor MP Motorsport team boss Sander Dorsman admits the move will be a huge challenge for Anthony but is confident the Australian will make quick progress in the hotly contested Formula Renault NEC.
“We’re delighted to welcome Christopher to the team for the final three Formula Renault 2.0 NEC race meetings; he’s a great young prospect,” said Dorsman.
“His first races with Manor MP Motorsport will be at Assen in August and it will be a big challenge for Christopher as it will also be his first outing in Europe.
“He has good experience from Formula 3 in Australia, though, so we’re sure he’ll make great progress.”