Tander set for GT debut in Aston Martin
Holden Racing Team star Garth Tander will make his Australian GT Championship debut at Phillip Island this weekend aboard Tony Quinn’s Aston Martin.
Tander will share driving duties with car and series owner Quinn for the 101 lap, 450km contest.
The 37-year-old Tander is the only full-time V8 Supercars driver set to race in the 26-car field.
Six V8 Supercars co-drivers are, however, scheduled to log laps, with Craig Baird, David Russell, Steve Owen, Steven Richards, Tony D’Alberto and Tander’s own Pirtek Enduro Cup partner, Warren Luff, all entered.
Tander is currently in his 16th full-time season of V8 Supercars competition and recently inked a two-year contract extension with the Holden Racing Team.
While he has not previously contested an AGTC event, the West Australian does have experience racing against GT machinery.
He led Holden’s factory Monaro effort in the 2002 and 2003 Bathurst 24 Hours races, taking a win and a second in the squad’s #427 entry.
See below for the full Phillip Island AGTC entry
GT CHAMPIONSHIP CLASS
1. Klark Quinn/Craig Baird (Darrell Lea McLaren MP4-12C)
7. Tony Quinn/Garth Tander (Darrell Lea Aston Martin Vantage GT3)
23. Roger Lago/David Russell (Lago Racing Lamborghini Gallardo FL2 GT3)
36. Richard Muscat/Jack Le Brocq (Erebus Motorsport SLS AMG GT3)
47. James Koundouris/Steve Owen (Supabarn Supermarkets Porsche GT3-R)
48. Justin McMillan/Steven Richards (Interlloy Lamborghini Gallardo FL2 GT3)
49. Tony DeFelice/Tony D’Alberto (Vicious Racing Ferrari 458 Italia GT3)
88. Peter Edwards/John Bowe (Il Bello Rosso Ferrari 458 Italia GT3)
GT TROPHY CLASS
6. Rod Salmon/Nathan Antunes (Skwirk.com.au Audi R8 LMS GT3)
14. Peter Conroy/Dean Grant (Peter Conroy Motorsport Porsche 997 GT3 Cup)
33. Jono Lester/Simon Ellingham (Fastway Couriers Porsche 997 GT3 Cup)
35. Indiran Padayachee/Duvashen Padayachee (Rentcorp Porsche 997 GT3 Cup)
51. Andrew MacPherson/Ben Porter (IMAK Int. Porsche 997 Cup-S)
52. Keith Kassulke/Jonathan Venter (Ascari KZR-1 GT3)
69. Theo Koundouris/Sam Power (Supabarn Supermarkets Porsche 997 Cup-S)
71. Dean Koutsoumidis/James Winslow (Equity-One Audi R8 LMS GT3)
72, Ockert Fourie/John Magro (Audi R8 LMS GT3)
73. Michael Hovey/Matt Cambell (Associated Projects Porsche Type 997 GT3 Cup)
75. Steve McLaughlan/Warren Luff (JAMEC PEM Audi R8 LMS GT3)
77. Jan Jinadasa/Dan Gaunt (JJA Consulting Group Lamborghini Gallardo LP520)
GT CHALLENGE CLASS
3. Ben Foessel/George Foessel (Motor School Porsche Type 997 GT3 Cup)
21. Jeff Neale/Terry Knight (RockStar Racing Porsche Type 997 GT3 Cup)
25. Brendan Cook/Matt Kingsley (Walz Group Porsche Type 997 GT3 Cup)
GT4 SPORTS CLASS
9. Tony Martin/Grant Bromley (TM Motorsports Ginetta G50 GT4)
19. Mark Griffith/Karl Reindler (Hog’s Breath Cafe Ginetta G50 GT4)
54. Tony Alford/Ryan McLeod (Donut King Lotus Elise)