Allerton’s Superpole for BMW at QR
He edged in front of Kawasaki pilot, Mike Jones to start tomorrow’s races from the point.
“I was really happy with today’s pole,” Allerton said. “This is a track I enjoy and I really like coming here.
“Today I did double duties with the EVO class and I had a lot of fun out there but I am really looking forward to tomorrows longer races.
“It’s going to be an exciting event with the young guys coming through. There is a good bunch of young riders showing their strengths this weekend,” Allerton added.
Referencing the EVO Unlimited class, Allerton won both races there ahead of Hunter Valley veteran, Phil Lovett and Matthew Harding – both aboard Kawasaki machinery.
In the Supersport category, Queensland youngster, Aiden Wagner dominated the Superpole in his class, stopping the clocks three-tenths of a second clear of Yamaha’s Daniel Falzon.
Allerton will head the first two races of the Australian Superbike Championship tomorrow.
Australian Superbike Championship Superpole Results – Round 1 Queensland Raceway:
1. Glenn ALLERTON (NSW) BMW, 1:09.682
2. Mike JONES (QLD) Kawasaki, 1:09.743
3. Mathew HARDING (NSW) Kawaskai, 1:11.116
4. Linden MAGEE (QLD) BMW, 1:11.217
Australian Supersport Championhip Superpole Results – Round 1 Queensland Raceway
1. Aiden WAGNER (QLD) Yamaha, 1:11.7812
2. Daniel FALZON (SA) Yamaha, 1:12.0293
3. Callum SPRIGGS (QLD) Yamaha, 1:12.1944
4. Sam LAMBERT (NT) Triumph, 1:13.212