McLaren has revealed its 2013 Formula 1 challenger, the McLaren Mercedes MP4-28.
The launch was held at McLaren’s Woking base today, with former world champion Jenson Button standing alongside the team’s new recruit Serjio Perez who has replaced the Mercedes-bound Lewis Hamilton.
The 2013 season celebrates the 50th anniversary of McLaren.
McLaren finished third in the constructors championship last year but failed to offer any genuine pressure for the driver’s title.
While the new car has been revealed with an almost identical scheme for the 2013 season, Button, now in his fourth year with McLaren, says that there are a huge amount of changes underneath the new MP4-28.
“It is exactly the same colour scheme and I think it looks similar to last year, but it is completely different to last year under the skin,” he said at the launch.
“We know the regulations haven’t changed much since 2012 but it’s enough to make a difference.”
The new MP4-28 will take to the track for the first time next week at Jerez.
McLaren is the second F1 team to launch its 2013 car, following Lotus’ launch two days ago.
CLICK HERE for images and story on the new Lotus.
Ferrari and Force India will show off their 2013 cars on Friday.
Check out the video from the launch