BJR commits to three car program in 2013

Speedcafe.com

Thursday 9th August, 2012 - 12:29pm

Share:

The Brad Jones Racing crew service the #14 Lockwood Racing Commodore of Fabian Coulthard

The Brad Jones Racing crew service the #14 Lockwood Racing Commodore of Fabian Coulthard

Brad Jones Racing is pressing ahead with plans to remain at a three-car level in the V8 Supercars Championship next year and beyond.

The Albury-based team, currently enjoying one of its most competitive seasons in recent years, says it will stick with the three-car model, despite approaches from other parties interested in purchasing its Racing Entitlements Contracts.

Team drivers Fabian Coulthard (Lockwood Racing) and Jason Bright (Team BOC) currently sit eighth and 14th respectively, while the team’s rookie third driver David Wall (Wilson Security Racing) is 25th.

With the team sitting in a strong commercial position heading into 2013, team co-owner Kim Jones says that he expects no change to its three-car position next year.

Fabian Coulthard leads jason Bright at Queenland Raceway

Fabian Coulthard leads Jason Bright at Queenland Raceway

“At the moment, we’re currently locking in our major sponsorship deals, but everything is looking OK and our focus is to continue status quo and remain at three cars,” Jones told Speedcafe.com.

“The three car model, in the current economic climate, is the right way to go. It gives you more staff, it gives you more spares, so it makes sense.

“At this point, we’re running three cars in 2013, with three naming-rights sponsors.

“We’re in our 10th year with BOC. It has been a year-by-year deal each year, and it remains that way.

“BOC is really part of the BJR family, and we’ll continue to work with them for many years to come.

“Assa Abloy (owners of the Lockwood brand) is ecstatic with its V8 Supercars program to date and program is ticking along very nicely.

“It’s all a work in progress, but from where we sit, it’s all very positive and we feel we’re in a strong position, both on and off the track.”

Away from the track, the team continues to build its Car of the Future Commodores ahead of the category’s new regulations. As reported previously, BJR expects to get its first car in the track by November or December this year.

Comments are closed.

Speedcafe.com has been established to provide a daily motorsport news service to the industry and fans in Australia and internationally.

Read the Speedcafe.com promise
Newsletter

Subscribe to our daily newsletter, the best way to get your news first, fast, and free!