LATEST

Sydney to make bid to steal AGP

Speedcafe.com

Saturday 27th March, 2010 - 10:47am

Share:

The Sydney Telstra 500 was a major success last year

The Sydney Telstra 500 was a major success last year

The New South Wales Government is set to make a bid to steal the Australian Grand Prix.

With Albert Park celebrating its 15th consecutive Grand Prix, NSW Major Events minister Ian Macdonald has told the Herald Sun he will consider bidding for the international motor race, saying NSW could do a “better job.”

“There are a few hurdles we will need to overcome to get the track here in Sydney, but I am confident we can work through these challenges,” he said.

“Formula One motorsport is a major international event and there is no doubt the Telstra 500 V8 Supercar race in Sydney last year was a huge success.

“It demonstrates that there is strong community support for motorsport in Sydney and we would consider bidding for this event in the future.”

To see the Herald Sun’s full story, CLICK HERE

Speedcafe.com comment policy

Speedcafe.com reserves the right to deny any post that is abusive or offtopic. Users are encouraged to flag/report comments which should be removed.

Some comments may require approval before being published which can take up to 48 hours.

For support, please contact [email protected]

Comments are closed.

Speedcafe.com has been established to provide a daily motorsport news service to the industry and fans in Australia and internationally.

Read the Speedcafe.com promise
Newsletter

Subscribe to our daily newsletter, the best way to get your news first, fast, and free!