FIA releases 2010 Formula 1 entry list
The FIA has released a provisional entry list for the 2010 FIA Formula 1 World Championship with some interesting additions and ommisions.
The governing bodies’ list confirms that Richard Branson and his Virgin brand will take over naming rights sponsorship of the Manor team, which has German Timo Glock as one of its drivers for its GP debut in 2010.
The entry list also sees young Red Bull-backed driver Jamie Alguersuari on the outer at Scuderia Toro Rosso, with Sebastien Buemi listed but TBA listed in the team’s second entry.
Jenson Button brings the ‘number one’ to Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, while Red Bull Racing retains Renault powerplants for Sebastian Vettel and Aussie ace Mark Webber, who will carry number six next season.
Brawn GP lives on in name only on the entry list, with the team informing the FIA of its intention to change its team name to Mercedes Grand Prix prior to the start of the 2010 season.
The FIA also states that Toyota Motorsport GmbH remains formally bound by the Concorde Agreement to put forward a team for participation, though it has indicated that it will not be in a position to do so.
The FIA stated that an announcement will be made regarding this entry in due course, with Sauber not appearing on the entry list in any form.
Cosworth is listed as the engine supplier for no less than 10 cars on the 2010 Formula 1 grid.
2010 FIA Formula 1 World Championship – Provisional Entry List:
(Race Number – Driver – Team – Car)
1. Jenson Button – Vodafone McLaren Mercedes – McLaren-Mercedes
2. Lewis Hamilton – Vodafone McLaren Mercedes – McLaren-Mercedes
3. Nico Rosberg – Brawn GP Formula One Team – Brawn Mercedes Benz
4. TBA – Brawn GP Formula One Team – Brawn Mercedes Benz
5. Sebastian Vettel – Red Bull Racing – Red Bull Racing Renault
6. Mark Webber – Red Bull Racing – Red Bull Racing Renault
7. Felipe Massa – Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro – Ferrari
8. Fernando Alonso – Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro – Ferrari
9. Rubens Barrichello – AT&T Williams – Williams-Cosworth
10. Nico Hulkenberg – AT&T Williams – Williams-Cosworth
11. Robert Kubica – Renault F1 Team – Renault
12. TBA – Renault F1 Team – Renault
14. Adrian Sutil – Force India F1 Team – Force India Mercedes
15. Tonio Liuzzi – Force India F1 Team – Force India Mercedes
16. Sebastien Buemi – Scuderia Toro Rosso – STR-Ferrari
17. TBA – Scuderia Toro Rosso – STR-Ferrari
18. TBA – Lotus F1 Racing – Lotus Cosworth
19. TBA – Lotus F1 Racing – Lotus Cosworth
20. TBA – Campos Meta 1 – Campos Dallara
21. Bruno Senna – Campos Meta 1 – Campos Dallara
22. TBA – USF1 Team – USF1 Cosworth
23. TBA – USF1 Team – USF1 Cosworth
24. Timo Glock – Virgin Racing – Virgin Cosworth
25. TBA – Virgin Racing – Virgin Cosworth