Jack Miller has confirmed he will remain with the Marc VDS Honda operation in MotoGP next season.
The Australian rising star joined the Belgian squad after a maiden premier class campaign with LCR Honda last year.
Miller signed a three-year deal with Honda in 2014 which saw him leap from Moto3 to the top tier of grand prix motorcycle racing.
The 21-year-old has struggled for consistency this season having been hampered by ankle and foot injuries sustained in crashes.
However, Miller has started to make progress after claiming a maiden top 10 finish at the Catalan Grand Prix earlier this month.
“They’ve given me the thumbs up, said the all-clear that we’re allowed to stay,” Miller told Fox Sports ahead of Sunday’s Dutch TT at Assen.
“I must be doing something right — apart from crashing!
“They can see this project. As I’m getting back to 100 per cent fitness and working with this Honda, I think they can see there’s a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.
“We’re all working for the same goal here, and they really like this project.”