Clipsal 500 deal extended until 2021
The future of the Clipsal 500 Adelaide has been secured, with the South Australian government confirming a new agreement with V8 Supercars to host an event up to and including the year 2021.
The six-year contract extension was announced at the launch of the 2013 Clipsal 500 at the Adelaide Parklands today.
Also confirmed is the appearance of rally car driver and gymkhana master Ken Block, who will perform on-track during all four days of the February 28-March 3 event.
Support classes for the V8 Supercars Championship were also announced, with the Dunlop Series, Australian GT, V8 Utes, Porsche Carrera Cup and Aussie Racing Cars locked in.
After racing ends, the party will continue, with iconic rock bands Kiss and Motley Crue performing post-Sunday’s race. Hilltop Hoods, The Angels and Ian Moss
As part of the launch, two V8 Supercars drove around the parklands section of the Clipsal 500 track, with Will Davison driving Ford Performance Racing’s Car of the Future Falcon FG and James Courtney steering a current specification Holden Racing Team Commodore VE.
See below for a full list of announcements and initiatives revealed at the launch of the 2013 Clipsal 500 Adelaide today.
• Premier Jay Weatherill confirms that South Australia’s V8 Supercar event is secure with confirmation that the SA Government has entered into a new sanction agreement with V8 Supercars to include conducting an event up to and including the year 2021.
• Premier Weatherill announced that the 2012 Clipsal 500 Adelaide created a total spend in the South Australian economy of $55.5m with a new expenditure totalling $34.01m.
• Iconic rock bands Kiss and Motley Crue will perform at the 2013 event together with the Hilltop Hoods, The Angels, and Ian Moss.
• Gymkhana sensation and rally driver Ken Block to perform at the event on all four days.
• Feature racing categories include Dunlop Series, Australian GT, V8 Utes, Porsche Carrera Cup, and Aussie Racing Cars.
• The Australian Defence Force to participate at the event with spectacular flyovers and ground based displays.
• The Showtime FMX Freestyle Moto Stunt team and Matt Mingay to perform at the circuit.
• Drag racing demonstrations on the circuit.
• The Route 66 featuring a nostalgic display of fifties and sixties cars, diners, and rock ‘n roll music.
• ArmorAll Extreme Top 50 Car Show with the best extreme show cars in the country.
• The Porsche Kids Driving School operating at the circuit providing educational and educational experience for children.
• The Official AFL Footy Fest with children having the opportunity to meet their favourite AFL players, take part in footy clinics, craft activities, face painting, and a spectacular show featuring the 18 official mascots.
• New spectator options including the Senna Platform and Turn 8 Platform with casual seating in an alfresco setting.
• A twenty per cent (20%) student discount on all Trackside tickets and Grandstand seats in the Barry Sheene Pit Straight facility, section L.
• New corporate facilities with flexible options in the Pit Pavilion, The Adelaide Casino Race Cage, The Dynamite Solutions Senna Club, Trackside Villas and the Coopers Podium Club.
• The launch was attended by V8 Supercar drivers: Craig Lowndes, James Courtney, Rick Kelly, Mark Winterbottom, Will Davison, and Tim Slade.