Casey Stoner says he will consider racing in V8 Supercars
Retiring MotoGP rider Casey Stoner says he will consider competing in V8 Supercars in the future.
Stoner, 26, confirmed in a press conference at Le Mans today that he will retire from MotoGP competition at the end of this year.
CLICK HERE for Speedcafe.com’s breaking story.
Stoner tested a TeamVodafone Commodore VE late last year, and says that he is interested in V8 Supercars, but won’t commit to a switch to four wheels straight away.
“It is something I am definitely interested to do in the future, but whether I will be fast enough or not is another thing,” said Stoner at the press conference.
“That will be not in the near future, the immediate future.”
While he is keen on the idea of competing in V8 Supercars, he says that his decision to retire from bike racing is not linked to his thoughts of racing in the V8s.
“It is by no means any reason for my decision,” he said.
“This has been coming for a long time, it is not something that has just happened.
“I have tested the V8 car, and that is something we have been trying to do for the last two or three years, to be honest, and finally it happened. So there is no coincidence to it whatsoever.”
Click below to read Speedcafe.com’s Phillip Island 300 Race Guide.
- Meghan Rutledge gets Kawasaki World Champs lifeline
- De Puniet to test 2014 Suzuki MotoGP challenger
- Pedrosa analyses special win at Le Mans
- Matt Moss ends Todd Waters MX Nationals domination
- Pedrosa powers to victory at a slippery Le Mans
- Magic Marquez secures second MotoGP pole at Le Mans
- Lorenzo slams race officials ahead of French GP
- Fractured vertebrae rules Kade Mosig out of MX Nationals
- Marco Melandri produces dramatic home victory
- Son of a gun wins second round of CMV and Copa Open
- V8 Supercars - Your perspective: The inaugural Austin 400
- V8 Supercars - Dick Johnson reacts to Ford bombshell
- Formula 1 - Lotus F1 goes Daft Punk for Monaco
- V8 Supercars - FPR maintain talks still open with Ford
- V8 Supercars - Snapshot of Falcon history in Aussie racing
- Formula 1 - F1 RACE GUIDE: Can Webber join the Monaco Greats?
- V8 Supercars - Ford bombshell: local manufacturing to cease in 2016
- V8 Supercars - VIDEO: Crimsafe Talking Tech – Nissan Engine
- NASCAR - NASCAR unveils 2014 Hall of Famers
- Formula 1 - Webber: F1 needs to change tack